Interpretation and Definitions
The definitions provided below have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or plural.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
The following definitions apply regardless of whether the terms are used in the singular or plural.
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our website, you may provide us with two types of information: personal information that you knowingly disclose on an individual basis and website usage information collected for general data purposes as you and others browse our website.
- “You” refers to the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
- “Company” (referred to as “the Company,” “We,” “Us,” or “Our”) refers to UsefulVitamins.
- “Affiliate” means an entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest, or other securities entitled to vote for the election of directors or other managing authority.
- “Account” means a unique account created for you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- “Website” refers to UsefulVitamins, accessible from www.usefulvitamins.com.
- “Service” refers to the Website.
- “Country” refers to Missouri, United States.
- “Service Provider” means any natural or legal person who processes data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, provide the Service on behalf of the Company, perform services related to the Service, or assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- “Third-party Social Media Service” refers to any website or social network website through which a user can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- “Personal Data” is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- “CCPA” (The California Consumer Privacy Act) is a state statute intended to enhance privacy rights and consumer protection for residents of California in the United States.
For the purposes of the CCPA, Personal Data means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you.
- “Cookies” are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing details of your browsing history on that website among their many uses.
- “Usage Data” refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (e.g., the duration of a page visit).
- “Do Not Track” (DNT) is a concept promoted by US regulatory authorities, particularly the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), for the Internet industry to develop and implement a mechanism allowing internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites.
- “Business,” for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), refers to the Company as the legal entity that collects consumers’ personal information and determines the purposes and means of processing consumers’ personal information.
- “Consumer,” for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), means a natural person who is a California resident.
- “Sale,” for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected Personal Data While using our Service, we may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, state, province, ZIP/postal code, city
Usage Data Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service via a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or access the Service via a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept Cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies: These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the Website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that you have requested cannot be provided, and we only use these Cookies to provide you with those services.
- Functionality Cookies: These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personalized experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the Website.
- Tracking and Performance Cookies: These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Website and how users use the Website. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Website. We may also use these Cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features, or functionality of the Website to see how our users react to them.
Use of Your Personal Data UsefulVitamins may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including monitoring the usage of our Service.
- To manage your Account: to manage your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance, and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or services you have purchased or any other contract with us through the Service.
- To contact you: to contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as push notifications from a mobile application, regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including security updates when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with information: to provide you with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services, and events that we offer and are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about, unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: to attend and manage your requests to us.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our Service, contact you, or advertise on third-party websites to you after you have visited our Service.
- For Business transfers: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With Business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- With other users: When you share personal information or otherwise interact in public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or register through a third-party social media service, your contacts on the third-party social media service may see your name, profile, pictures, and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you, and view your profile.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at UsefulVitamins’ operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. This means that your information may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, UsefulVitamins may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
Other Legal Requirements UsefulVitamins may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of UsefulVitamins
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data Service Providers have access to your Personal Data only to perform their tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Analytics We may use third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any or all of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may use Email Marketing Service Providers to manage and send emails to you.
Microsoft Ads Remarketing
Microsoft Ads remarketing service is provided by Microsoft Inc.
You can opt-out of Bing Ads interest-based ads by following their instructions: https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Meta Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/585318558251813
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads, follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA (https://optout.aboutads.info/), the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada (https://youradchoices.ca/), or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe (https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/), or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
Pinterest remarketing service is provided by Pinterest Inc.
You can opt-out from Pinterest’s interest-based ads by enabling the “Do Not Track” functionality of your web browser or by following Pinterest’s instructions: https://help.pinterest.com/en/articles/personalization-and-data
- The right to notice: You must be properly notified of the categories of Personal Data being collected and the purposes for which the Personal Data is being used.
- The right to access / the right to request: The CCPA permits you to request and obtain from us information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Data that has been collected in the past 12 months by us or our subsidiaries to a third party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
- The right to say no to the sale of Personal Data: You also have the right to ask us not to sell your Personal Data to third parties. You can submit such a request by contacting us.
- The right to know about your Personal Data: You have the right to request and obtain from us information regarding the disclosure of the following:
- The categories of Personal Data collected
- The sources from which the Personal Data was collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Data
- Categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Data
- The specific pieces of Personal Data we collected about you
- The right to delete Personal Data: You also have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Data that has been collected in the past 12 months.
- The right not to be discriminated against: You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Exercising Your CCPA Data Protection Rights In order to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, please contact us to submit your request.
We will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonably necessary and with prior notice.
Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell personal information. However, the Service Providers we partner with (for example, our advertising partners) may use technology on the Service that “sells” personal information as defined by the CCPA law.
If you wish to opt out of the use of your personal information for interest-based advertising purposes and these potential sales as defined under CCPA law, you may do so by following the instructions below.
Please note that any opt-out is specific to the browser you use. You may need to opt out on every browser that you use.
You can opt out of receiving ads that are personalized as served by our Service Providers by following our instructions presented on the Service:
- From our “Cookie Consent” notice banner
- Or from our “CCPA Opt-out” notice banner
- Or from our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” notice banner
- Or from our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link
The opt-out will place a cookie on your computer that is unique to the browser you use to opt out. If you change browsers or delete the cookies saved by your browser, you will need to opt out again.
Your mobile device may give you the ability to opt out of the use of information about the apps you use in order to serve you ads that are targeted to your interests:
- “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” or “Opt out of Ads Personalization” on Android devices
- “Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS devices
You can also stop the collection of location information from your mobile device by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
“Do Not Track” Policy as Required by California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA) Our Service does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
However, some third-party websites do keep track of your browsing activities. If you are visiting such websites, you can set your preferences in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the preferences or settings page of your web browser.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.